[Pdns-users] Re: Unable to insert a record of type #0

Julian Mehnle julian at mehnle.net
Fri Aug 11 17:07:59 UTC 2006

Leon de Jager wrote:
> Just checked database for any weird types and there are none. The only
> types are:

> NS
> CNAME
> MX
> SOA
> TXT (SPF)
>
> We have SPF records for our domain, but they are normal TXT records

Then I have no idea where the error comes from.  Sorry.

I once tried to add an 'SPF'-type record with pdns 2.9.20, which was
supposed to support that type, but due to a minor bug in the SPF support
code, the type code wasn't recognized.  I then got the same error message
you are getting with 2.9.17, so I thought you might have an invalid RR
type in your database, too...