[Pdns-users] Re: Unable to insert a record of type #0

Leon de Jager ldejager at freezone.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 17:01:51 UTC 2006

Hi,

Just checked database for any weird types and there are none. The only
types are:

NS
CNAME
MX
SOA
TXT (SPF)

Regards,

We have SPF records for our domain, but they are normal TXT records
On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 16:39 +0000, Julian Mehnle wrote:
> Leon de Jager wrote:
> > I am running PowerDNS 2.9.17 on Debian and every few days the DNS server
> > stops responding, with the following in the logs:
> >
> > Aug 10 15:05:45 fzns3 pdns[24620]: Unable to insert a record of type #0
> > for 'domain.com'
> > Aug 10 15:06:17 fzns3 pdns[24622]: Unable to insert a record of type #0
> > for 'domain.com'
> >
> > PowerDNS then restarts itself and continues to work until the next
> > glitch (usually a week).
> > I'm using a MySQL backend and have had no problems with it for a couple
> > of years now (have 2 other pdns servers running off it).
> >
> > I've checked the MySQL server for any suspicious activity but none
> > found...
> >
> > Does anyone know what causes these errors?
>
> Do you by any chance have a record with an unrecognized type in your zones,
> like 'FOO' or 'SPF'?
Leon de Jager
Freezone Internet
Siddeley House
50 Canbury Park Road
Kingston Upon Thames
Surrey
KT2 6LX
Tel: 0845 117 0366

This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Freezone
Internet Limited. This is a limited company, registered in England under
number 3693398. Our registered office is at Mayflower House, High
Street, Billericay, Essex, CM12 9FT

If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have received
it in error, please notify us via return or call the number above, and
then delete it from your mailbox.