[Pdns-users] Pdns Patches

Simon Pearce sp at http.net
Wed Aug 2 14:43:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am having a few memory problems (pdns[2924]: Error creating thread:
Cannot allocate memory) with pdns and i noticed in the mailinglist that
there is a memory patch.

If you are in a hurry, you could try applying the following patches:

http://wiki.powerdns.com/projects/trac/changeset/684
http://wiki.powerdns.com/projects/trac/changeset/685
http://wiki.powerdns.com/projects/trac/changeset/686

I also found the pdns snapshots and i installed the latest snapshot
version pdns-2.9.21-svn.20060412.686.tar.gz. Am i correct in assuming
that the 686 at the end of the file means that all patches up to 686
have been applied. The new version seems more stable at least for me and
i don't get any "Cannot allocate memory errors" anymore. If anybody is
interested in an ebuild for gentoo for this snapshot send me a mail.
Another question i was thinking about does anyone know of a dns stress
testing tool for linux or windows to test the load on my pdns server.

Regards,

Simon