[Pdns-users] Host looks causing issues

John Williams john.williams at eurisp.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 18:22:27 UTC 2006

I’ve encountered a problem that seems to have been caused by PDNS.
A number of emails being sent are failing after retries this is because the
MX lookups are having issues.
For instance:

# host -t mx tiscali.co.uk
;; Warning: Message parser reports malformed message packet.
;; Truncated, retrying in TCP mode.

I know the MX records exist since I can do an MX lookup on another server
not using our PDNS server to do the lookup via.
Any ideas how I can get around this issue?

We are running version 2.9.18

Thanks
John