[Pdns-users] BIND to PowerDNS migration advice?

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:54:32 UTC 2006

Does anyone on the list have advice about the best way to go about
migrating from an existing BIND deployment to a PowerDNS deployment?
There are a couple threads in the list archives, but nothing recently,
so I thought I would broach the subject again.

We have nine authoritative servers and two recursive.

I am currently thinking of putting PowerDNS on top of our existing
BIND install and either using two backends (launch=bind,gmysql) or
just listing the existing BIND install as a recursor on a different
port (recursor=127.0.0.1:5353); I am thinking that the first might be
a better option, but I haven't tested it yet.

A multi-phased approach would be best as we have existing software
that will need to be re-written to support the SQL backend.

Any advice?

--
Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us