[Pdns-users] pdns stops responding to UDP queries, gets signal 11 a lot.

John Ello jello at waste.org
Fri Apr 28 23:22:13 UTC 2006

(oops, accidentally sent this to Bert in private mail, meant to send
to the list)

> Hmm - there is only one bug I know that could make this happen, but that
> only happens if you get a lot of TCP queries.

No, I'd be surprised if we had any noticeable TCP traffic at all, it's
just a basic authoritative-only public DNS server.

> Is there anything else special about your installation?

Not that comes to mind. I tried doing a tcpdump to capture the
traffic, and the signal 11 thing happened while I was capturing. I'm
not sure how to replay the traffic to see which packet it was that
triggered it though. I'd be happy to send it to you in private mail if
that would be helpful (it's only around 11k).

Thanks for your help.