Fwd: [Pdns-users] Can't get pdns to pull the records

Dennis K gruessle at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 19:02:59 UTC 2006

On 4/22/06, Norbert Sendetzky <norbert at linuxnetworks.de> wrote:
> On Saturday 22 April 2006 20:32, Dennis K wrote:
> > Just turned on logging for slapd (see below) pdns is accessing the
> > ldap and pulling data.
> > rPRecord aAAARecord lOCRecord sRVRecord nAPTRRecord
> > Apr 22 14:24:09 safe slapd[3706]: conn=4 op=1 SEARCH RESULT tag=101
> > err=0 nentries=0 text=
>
> pdns queries for "a.root-servers.net" which isn't (and that's correct) in your
> ldap tree. The problem seems to be not ldapbackend related and is probably
> somewhere before in your pdns configuration.
>
> I haven't found out the real problem in your config up to now :-(
>

> Norbert
> --

Ha ha don't feel bad I can't figure it out either.
My server isn't down I have bind working and will keep pdns installed
for a few more days in case someone figures it out and if not then I
have to go to ldapdns which sucks because there isn't a debian pkg for
ldapdns.

Thanks for your help Norbert. If you like to work with me via IM in
case you like to find out if this might be  a bug that would be fine
with me. Just let me know.

Dennis T. Kaplan