[Pdns-users] PDNS adding backslash in front of @

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Sep 11 13:54:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 01:11:29PM +0200, Crljen Tomislav wrote:

> PDNS answers on query's, but it adds a backslash in front of @

It doesn't - this is what 'host' and 'dig' make of it. I verified the
tcpdump, the \ is not added by PowerDNS.

I also loaded this record into Bind 9.3.1 and it does the same thing:

enum.test.nl.           3600    IN      NAPTR   100 50 "u" "e2u+sip" "" testuser\@domain.com.

PowerDNS output:

enum.test.nl.           3600    IN      NAPTR   100 50 "u" "e2u+sip" "" testuser\@domain.com.

So I think this is not a real problem.

I am investigating the rfc's a bit more:

The NAPTR RFC says about the last 'replacement' field:
	REPLACEMENT A <domain-name> which specifies the new value in the
      	case where the regular expression is a simple replacement
      	operation.

	<character-string> and <domain-name> as used here are defined in
	RFC1035 [1].

This might mean you'd have to say 'testuser.domain.com'. But I'm unsure

Good luck!