[Pdns-users] PDNS - Mysql

Mark Martin ops1 at frontierbroadband.com
Sun Oct 23 20:37:03 UTC 2005

bert hubert wrote:

>On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 03:18:30PM -0500, Mark Martin wrote:
>

>>Guess a better question is syntactically, i.e. I am on bind 9 backend, I
>>have master and slave servers.
>>

>Mark,
>
>I sort of don't get what you mean :-) What do you mean by 'on bind 9
>backend'?

I would like to convert my existing bind 9 (ISC Bind dns) from BIND to
PDNS, I have
PDNS working on my test server(s), complete with replication (MYSQL) as
well as
importing zones to it, it works.

Main thing, in BIND, typically (I am sure there are other deviations),
ns1 is a master,
ns2 is a slave, they both answer queries, the main difference, is that
ns2 is basically
a backup of ns1.  This is probably the most basic setup, depends what
one wants to do
and how complex a dns they need in their operation.  Don't necessarily
have to run
it this way, but this is our implementation.

In a nutshell, I want to migrate my ISC DNS to PDNS.