[Pdns-users] PDNS - Mysql

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Oct 23 20:28:00 UTC 2005

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 03:18:30PM -0500, Mark Martin wrote:

> Guess a better question is syntactically, i.e. I am on bind 9 backend, I
> have master and slave servers.

Mark,

I sort of don't get what you mean :-) What do you mean by 'on bind 9
backend'?

>  There is a unique key on the name in the
> domains table, so if one had a master and a slave server, wouldn't one put
> in a 'MASTER', and it's IP address (the master server), and a 'SLAVE'
> entry and it's IP address (the slave server)?  The unique key on the

You have master and slave *domains*, not servers. So each server could have
lots of master and/or slave domains, a server would then be a master for one
domain and a slave for another.

> 'name' field does not allow this (I also understand that really, one does
> not have a slave in the same since as BIND, since the mysql back with
> replication is in effect the 'slave').  More than anything I need
> clarification on is the 'sql' syntax for making these entries.

I suggest studying the output of zone2sql --gmysql based on a current
named.conf.