[Pdns-users] NAPTR / ENUM

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Oct 3 20:39:17 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 03:24:47PM -0500, Eric Liedtke wrote:
> Greetings everyone. I'm currently having a heck of time with NAPTR
> records for the purpose of ENUM. I've read the relevant docs and tried a
> myriad of things and the best I've been able to do is that host -t NAPTR
> ... will return the record with a complaint of being off by 3 bytes.
> Here is the current record.

Not good! Can you please answer the following:
'Furthermore, which database backend you use, your operating system, which
 version of PowerDNS you use and where you got it from (RPM, .DEB, tar.gz).
 If you compiled it yourself, what were the ./configure parameters.'

There has been one other complaint about NAPTR recently, your message may be
related, hence I need to know about version numbers etc.

Let me know and we'll work it out. Any NAPTR fixes are important to the
upcoming 2.9.19 release, so this has top priority.

Thanks.