[Pdns-users] Poweradmin Replacements

Darren Ellis darren at ieworks.net
Thu Oct 13 11:16:58 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've recently had need to deploy a name server.  PowerDNS is my favorite
choice, but Poweradmin, also a favorite, seems to be a dead project, and
has lots of problems with PHP5.  At the moment, I'm using pdns-static
and the bind2 backend.  I really want to be using the gmysql backend
with a webgui.

I've googled for a replacement for PowerAdmin, but I'm not finding any.
I know that some folks have had luck with a static version of PHP4.
Given the number of servers that I maintain, I'm not willing to take
that route.

What are folks on the list doing for a management front-end for the
gmysql backend?  While I'm capable of issuing SQL queries to enter data,
I really don't want to ask that of my paying customers.

Thanks.

Darren Ellis