[Pdns-users] Not authoritative for xxx, sending servfail to yyy

Truong duc Luong luongductruong at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 09:56:36 UTC 2005

I plan to buil my own Name Server with PDNS. First, I sign up a Domain
name (xxx) from DirectNIC. Next, I signup Name Server in DirectNIC and
pointing xxx to this Name Server (ns0.xxx.com). Finally, I set up a
zone xxx. I use gmysql and geo as Pdns backends.
I start PDNS (/etc/init.d/pdns monitor). When I query (ping) that
domain (xxx), pdns notice that:
     Not authoritative for xxx, sending servfail to yyy.
What 's this problem? How do I solve? (xxx is my domain)

Here is my zone in detail:
1       xxx.  	SOA  	ns0.xxx. dns at xxx. 20051114 60 60
1 	ns0.xxx. 	A 	myIP1 	60 	120
1 	ns1.xxx. 	A 	myIP2 	60 	120
1 	test.xxx. 	CNAME 	geo.xxx. 	60 	10
1 	geo.xxx. 	CNAME 	t41.xxx. 	60 	20