[Pdns-users] Using PowerDNS Express...please help

Thalgor Draclander thalgor at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 7 12:19:23 UTC 2005

Sorry, I'm still kind of new at this. I went through the process again and
this is how it works. Keep in mind that I am using PowerDNS Express.

The first screen has the following info:

Domain Name (without www)
Domain type: Native/Slave
IP address (only for slave domains)

So I enter my info using the native selection (is this part correct?). Then,
I get the option to edit the domain setup. On the edit screen is the
following:

Hostname (NS) : orderofthewhiterose.org (My domain)

Nameserver: dns-eu1.powerdns.net, dns-eu2.powerdns.net (These are the
nameservers I put in my GoDaddy registration).

TTL: 3600

Action: Read Only

Hostname (A): localhost.orderofthewhiterose.org
IP Address: 127.0.0.1
TTL: 86400
Action: Read Only

Hostname (AAAA): localhost.orderofthewhiterose.org
IPv6 Address: ::1
TTL: 86400
Action: Read Only

(The rest is for mail server stuff, which I don't need).

SO, I assume that I need to add a hostname (A) that points to my IP address.
But when I do this, it still is not resolving the domain.

Sorry if this is an elementary problem. Thanks for the help in advance.

Thalgor