[Pdns-users] PDNS does not resolve or is not reachable

Thijs pcanywhere at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 8 10:12:03 UTC 2005

I found a problem on a Debian PDNS-nameserver.

The server is not resolving his enties from the outside the right way.
There are messages that there is no SOA-record or no A-record, but they
exists !

When I do a "host domainname.tld" at the commandline everything is
showed the right way !

The same with a dig-command...... very good.

When I do an online NS-chech NS2 is "not autorative" or gives a time
out. NS1 gives problems with the SOA/A-records.

What can I do to solve this problem ? I have restarted all the services
and I'm running the latest version.

Cheers,

Thijs