[Pdns-users] Native mode with PgSQL backend : "domains" table really needed ?

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Tue Jun 7 13:23:20 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm currently designing the DB schema for a hosting-management system
that will use PowerDNS with the generic (MySQL and) PgSQL backend.

It will run in "native" mode, i.e. no slave/master replication.

When I read the PowerDNS manual :

| A.5.7. Native operation
|
| For native operation, either drop the FOREIGN KEY on the domain_id
| field, or (recommended), make sure the domains table is filled
| properly.

...it's unclear to me if I really need the "domains" table filled with
(name, type) = ('DOMAIN.TLD', 'NATIVE'), or if I can rid of it - which
I would prefer.

Neither the other parts of the manual nor Google have been able to
help me.

Any clue ?

Thanks, ciao,
--