[Pdns-users] PowerDNS used in RBL deployment type scenario

Duane duane at e164.org
Sat Jul 23 00:14:30 UTC 2005

Laurence Brockman wrote:
> Has anyone done this? How successful have you been? Any gotcha's? We
> will be processing about 90 million messages a day and we'd like for our
> deployment to be able to scale to five times that amount.

*Groan* Yet another RBL implementation?

Pro's and Con's of your system?

Ability for false positives to be picked up and dealt with in a
efficient manner?

Repercussions for lazy users that report items as spam rather then
unsubscribing for mailing lists or the like?

I'm sure there is a bunch of other things that can make or break a RBL
system, most are in fact useless due to zealots who start out with good
intentions and get complacent, lazy or frustrated.

In fact I wrote a rant about such a poorly implemented system this
morning, unable to remove/be excluded from their list, and the only
reason given is a country ban, and due to lack of
information/documentation I can only assume they black listed the entire
APNIC IP space, or at the very least Australia.

http://blog.cacert.org/2005/07/85.html

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."