[Pdns-users] Reverse lookups?

Mathew Walker mat at hypermax.net.au
Sun Jul 3 23:33:21 UTC 2005

Lonnie,

You basically do the reverse of a forward domain lookup.

Insert a domain into the "domains" table with a name of
"73.177.205.in-addr.arpa".

Then when you add reverse PTR records for that domain you'd insert

Id,domain_id,"241.73.177.205.in-addr.arpa","PTR","www.outstep.com",`TTL`,"0"
,`change_date`

You'll obviously have to insert the correct domain_id and your TTL and
changedate, but I hope you get the picture.

Cheers

Mathew Walker