[Pdns-users] Internationalized Domain Names

Volker Janzen voja at voja.de
Thu Feb 24 14:04:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

> Does powerdns support these ?
> If so, how exactly ? (like german domainnames with an umlaut in them)

a quick test with poweradmin shows me the error message "Error: Domain
name is invalid!". I tried the ACE represantation and umlaut domain.

I think this is not a problem of powerdns, this should be a poweradmin
error message.

The ACE representation of the domain name should work in any case with
powerdns. A quick test I just did with an inserted domain by hand
(without powerdns) shows that powerdns works fine with IDNs in ACE form.

So I should send an bug report to the poweradmin developers...

Greetings,
	Volker Janzen