[Pdns-users] Internationalized Domain Names

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Thu Feb 24 13:59:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 02:46:59PM +0100, Jeroen Wunnink wrote:
> Does powerdns support these ?
> If so, how exactly ? (like german domainnames with an umlaut in them)

PowerDNS does not need or want to know about IDN - as far as I understand,
IDN is a translation scheme to encode unicode domain names to regular DNS
names. PowerDNS can store the latter just fine.

The proper place for IDN support would be in PowerAdmin, or any other
PowerDNS management tool.

It might be cool to support zones in native utf-8 (or-16) format and do
everything automagically, but I'm not sure if that would be a good thing to
do.

Hope this helps.