[Pdns-users] question about PDNS - performance

Dan Clark dan at synaptic.net.nz
Tue Feb 22 20:00:08 UTC 2005

I recently tried powerdns and was pretty astounded that it couldn't keep
up with my 30 odd zones.
It could be misconfiguration but I can't get debugging/logging to work,
unless I start the daemon using /etc/init.d/pdns monitor
Once I did get it all going, queries took too long to return results and
reverse lookup zones didn't seem to work. Then after a day in service
the box would only answer queries from nslookup/dig on the box itself
and no longer from the interweb as it would time out before it could
answer the query.
I'm lost really, why would it do this on a fresh install with very
little zones?

Cheers
Dan Clark
Technical Director