[Pdns-users] Re: Reverse Lookups

Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Thu Dec 8 18:02:36 UTC 2005

On December 8, 2005 09:39 am, Jason Z <jzmatrix78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> After further review it seems as though my configuration is indeed
> correct, however if more than 13 hosts are associated with a single IP
> the entire query fails.  Once I brought the number of hosts to that IP
> (in my DB) down to 13 the query succeeded and listed all relevant reverse
> information.

13 records is likely all that fits into a UDP response packet.  Larger
queries would need to be done over TCP.  I don't know if pdns handles that
or not.   You will have many other problems with firewalled or poorly
written resolvers all over the 'net, though, even if you can make it work
from a server perspective.

--
Alan