[Pdns-users] MySQL backend and duplicate records

Graeme Walker pdns at neptune.comsult.co.za
Mon Aug 29 08:32:00 UTC 2005

Hi

When I orginally setup PDNS and was experimenting and importing from Bind
into PowerDNS with MySQL backend using the zone2sql utility.
I run it more than once (4 times to be exact), which created duplicate
entries, but I only realised this once it was in production and new and old
data was there.

Cut a long story short, I host hundreds of domains, and have manually
deleted duplicates (I use PowerDNS Administration for my front end) for most
domains, but there are lots of duplicates in many domains. It doesn't seem
to affect the domains, but oviously not the way I like to do things etc.

I know this might be an sql question, or something else to remove the
duplicate, eg. I have 4 NS records for a domain with the exact same info,
Is there any suggestions to solve my stupidity or back to manual
deleting?.....

Regards

Graeme