[Pdns-users] Weird problem

Hans Christian Saustrup pdns.hc at saustrup.net
Mon Aug 22 12:31:57 UTC 2005

bert hubert wrote:

>Hans, I'd like to start of by saying that your message is a perfect example
>of how to report problems, thanks!

Thanks. The problem was resolved when I cleaned up my database.
Orphanated records were left after I nuked the records table, and to
avoid any future humiliating mistakes like this I've added foreign keys
to MySQL/InnoDB! :-)

> This is known to give problems in some configurations. I suggest turning
> this into *.ccxcs.com 3699 IN A 83.149.113.2

We previously had some strange wildcard-related behaviour, so I'll keep this in mind.

Completely unrelated, the pdns process died when I accidentally ran "pdns_control notify ns.domain.tld" instead of "pdns_control notify ip". I don't have the debug info, but I thought I'd just give you a heads up.

--
Hans Christian Saustrup                 ICQ: 94908168
Carbonbased Lifeform                    AIM: therealneurox
Aarhus, Denmark, Europe, Earth          MSN: therealneurox at hotmail.com
http://neurox.dk/                       Jabber: neurox at jabberbox.org