[Pdns-users] PIPE backend information

Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Wed Aug 10 16:08:40 UTC 2005

On August 10, 2005 08:44 am, "Jason Z." <jzmatrix at gmail.com> wrote:
> The log states -- TCP server is unable to launch backends - will try
> again when questions come in: Command '/scripts/DNS/DNS-Backend' cannot
> be executed: No such file or directory
> However the file does exist and can be utilized from the command line.

Are you running chroot perhaps?  If so, the path would need to be relative
to your chroot.

I have a pipe backend working, all my config has is:

pipe-command=/home/dns/bin/pipe.pl
pipe-timeout=2000
pipebackend-abi-version=2
pipe-regex=^([a-z0-9]|-|\.)+\.[a-z]{2,7};(A|ANY|TXT|MX|NS|SOA)$

I would highly recommend the regex; I had problems with real garbage getting
through to the pipe backend without it, DNS queries with linefeeds and
other crud in them for example which really messed up my backend.  Other
than that, I found the documentation fairly minimal but enough to get it
running.

--
Alan