[Pdns-users] Question about Multiple CNAMES

Clint Martin clintm at laplink.com
Fri Oct 8 20:39:34 UTC 2004

I can accomplish my goals this way.. This is how I have done it in the
past..  I don't mind having to change my setup if this one just won't
work, or is fundamentally flawed. .. This environment, as you may be
able to tell, is a development environment,.. I was trying to keep the
references to specific IP addresses limited to a bare few number of
records.. This would allow me to modify the domain far easier and
simpler than having many, many A records..

This one small example is not the only place where I reference these
particular machines/IP's in this fashion..

So, baring the "right way" to do this, and personal taste.. Is PDNS's
response to the current configuration correct or "close but not quite" ?

Clint Martin
Network Administrator
LapLink Software Inc.