[Pdns-users] smooth bind to PDNS migration

Kristof Hardy kristof.hardy at catsanddogs.com
Tue Nov 16 15:17:02 UTC 2004

> I don't see anything that would prevent you from
> setting up both databases, with replication, before actually
> putting them into production, so in your stead I'd probably do
> that.

Okay, indeed, you're very right.. I will create a master and a slave,
both on 'standby' and using mysql replication. Is there any way to make
sure there's a way "back" in case of serious problems? (wich I don't
expect) I just don't want to take any risks with the serials.

I also just found the 'local-port' directive, great for testing it out
already..

> After all, if you're juggling two machines, there is nothing
> that hinders a mysql database on the bind server existing, and
> being replicated to from another server :-)

Okay, will go this route, and hopefully nr 4 (celebrate) will get higher
on the list then ;-) For what I've seen of PowerDNS it seems to be going
the right direction..

--
Best regards,
Kristof