[Pdns-users] PowerDNS on Mac OS X 10.3.6

Clay Loveless clay at killersoft.com
Wed Nov 10 14:34:46 UTC 2004

On 11/10/04 2:42 AM Pacific Time, bert hubert (ahu at ds9a.nl) wrote:

> Add -lz - I'm amazed compiling gets this far!

Thanks, Bert!

I was able to complete the compile, but had errors upon testing it ...

/usr/local/sbin/pdns_server monitor
Nov 10 06:32:16 Cannot create semaphore: Function not implemented

Rob Casey raised this same issue here:
http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2004-May/001560.html

... But in browsing the list archives, it doesn't appear that it was ever
addressed.

What's the workaround for this? I know pdns is popular on Linux platforms,
but a whole world awaits in the growing crowd of Mac OS X sysadmins.

Would love to get pdns working if possible.

Thanks,
Clay

--
Killersoft.com