[Pdns-users] Power DNS on Macintosh OS X

Rob Casey open-source at bluebottle.com
Mon May 3 05:09:10 UTC 2004

G'Day All,

I have been working through the possibilities of installing Power DNS from
source on a Macintosh OS X system.  Whilst I understand from the
documentation that this was once possible, it no longer appears to be the
case as a result of the employ of semaphores within the Power DNS code base
- For example, upon executing the pdns_server binary built from source
(2.9.16) on OS X (10.3.3), the following error is returned and execution is
halted:

May 03 15:05:23 Cannot create semaphore: Function not implemented

The Mac OS links on the download section of the Power DNS page are not
helpful as the deb package is i386 based.  Is there any working build tree,
CVS or otherwise, for Power DNS on Mac OS X which I may explore or build
upon to obtain a working Power DNS installation?

Regards,
Rob

--
Rob Casey