[Pdns-users] PDNS Rocks!

Anthony Eden anthony at sdc-hawaii.co.mp
Tue Nov 16 20:37:25 UTC 2004

We finally got our DNS system set up with PowerDNS over here at dotMP
and I am very happy with it.  I've got our root name servers running
PDNS with both bind and a pipe backend (in that order) and then the
servers which are handling all delegated names is also running PDNS with
bind and pipe backends.  The majority of the work in both cases is being
done through the pipe backend.  I've set the packet cache to 30 and that
has helped performance and stability significantly.  The next step we
will take is to replace the Perl script backend with a C app.

I never did resolve the issue about why a delegated name running on the
root name servers running Bind will pass through the Bind
delegation-only patch on recursive name servers whereas the same setup
in PowerDNS will not.  The full thread is here in case anyone is still
interested in trying to track down what is going on:

http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2004-November/001984.html

Anyhow, I'd just like to say that I am very happy with what I've been
able to do with PowerDNS.  Thanks!

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden
SDC Hawaii, LLC