[Pdns-users] SQL implementation questions

Martin Kuchar lists at nss.wproduction.cz
Wed May 26 12:27:48 UTC 2004

I want to explain my point of view here. I thing the better place for SOA
records will be in domains table, not in records table.
Why ?

1. SOA record must be for each domain
2. SOA record must be exactly one
3. we can very easy parse row and edit "id, name, master, last_check, type,
notified_serial, account, SOA, HOSTMASTER, SERIAL, REFRESH, RETRY, EXP, MIN"
4. ask for serial for master/slave can be from one row in one table
5. we can have (name,type,content) as key in records table if we move soa to
domains table

Am i wrong ?

Martin Kuchar