[Pdns-users] two things

Derrik Pates dpates at dsdk12.net
Tue May 18 19:05:14 UTC 2004

Bob Lockie wrote:
> Do you have type=NATIVE in the domains table?
> That only uses that database replication.
> If you would rather have notifications, set type=MASTER|SLAVE

It wouldn't send notifications at all if you had it set as type NATIVE,
even if you used pdns_control.

> I did notice that the serial number is not in the recommended format of
> YYYYMMDDnn.

Yes, and there's no practical way to make that happen with automatic
serial-number handling - it can really only practically work with
hand-edited zone files, like with BIND. dnsreport.com only marks that as
a warning - simply because it's, as you mentioned, a _recommendation_.
The only requirement is that the serial number must _always_ increase.
Other than that, the exact format isn't that important.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates at dsdk12.net