[Pdns-users] Multiple pdns_server's on one machine

Achim Schmidt schmidt at os.waaf.net
Tue Jun 15 14:20:51 UTC 2004

Am Di, 2004-06-15 um 15.33 schrieb R Jansen:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to start multiple pdns_server's on one machine. There are two
> seperate companies running their nameserver on one machine so I created two
> different pdns.conf files and put them in two different directories. With
> two configurations

simply use two configfiles named each as the startup-scripts:

e.g. company1 has /etc/powerdns/pdns-comp1.conf
and is startet via /etc/init.d/pdns-comp1

and company2 has /etc/powerdns/pdns-comp2.conf
and is startet via /etc/init.d/pdns-comp2

more details can be found here: http://doc.powerdns.com/virtual.html

- achim

> When starting I provide the "config-dir="/usr/local/etc/pdns_company" with
> the startup command. But the server keeps using the pdns.conf that is
> located in /usr/local/etc
>
> Is there an way to override this and therefore force pdns to use a different
> config file so it's possible to run two instances on one machine?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> With kind regards,
> R. Jansen

mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Achim Schmidt

waaf.net - the hosting & development company

Haster Strasse 42
DE 49191 Belm bei Osnabrueck

Telefon: +49 5406 881787
Telefax: +49 5406 881789