[Pdns-users] Multiple pdns_server's on one machine

Marcel Braak mbraak at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 15 14:03:42 UTC 2004

Try starting it from a chroot.

Marcel

-----Original Message-----
From: pdns-users-bounces at mailman.powerdns.com
[mailto:pdns-users-bounces at mailman.powerdns.com] On Behalf Of R Jansen
Sent: dinsdag 15 juni 2004 15:33
To: pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
Subject: [Pdns-users] Multiple pdns_server's on one machine

Hello,

I'm trying to start multiple pdns_server's on one machine. There are two
seperate companies running their nameserver on one machine so I created two
different pdns.conf files and put them in two different directories. With
two configurations

When starting I provide the "config-dir="/usr/local/etc/pdns_company" with
the startup command. But the server keeps using the pdns.conf that is
located in /usr/local/etc

Is there an way to override this and therefore force pdns to use a different

config file so it's possible to run two instances on one machine?

Thanks in advance for the help.

With kind regards,
R. Jansen