[Pdns-users] Problems with supermaster

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Tue Jul 6 01:56:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 21:39:53 +0200, "f.caspers" <f.caspers at wtnet.de> wrote:

>Hi
>
>and your supermaster record is wrong.
>your say that the IP 81.173.118.127 is ns1.
>And your have this record in in your ns2
>81.173.118.127 / ns2.domain.nl.
>???
>edit this to ns1.domain.nl.
>
>Fabian

please!

of course the original setup by Bas Verhoeven was correct and your explanation
is wrong! so once again read the manual and emphasize:

super-master-setup: it needs the IP of the notifying master-server (which in
this case is simply 81.173.118.127) and then it needs the name the listening
(slave) server is being listed in the NS-records for the notified domains, this
is specifically to find out on the slave side if we need to transfer this zone
because the notification is received by a supermaster _and_ the slave is listed
in the NS-records for this domain.

hth
Harald Kapper, icq# 36178328         kapper.net, inc.
managing director, owner,            loeblichgasse  6
chief executive officer              1090 vienna, .at
tel +43 1 3195500-0, fax +43 1 3195502, hk at kapper.net