[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Recursor Question

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Fri Jan 16 15:03:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 08:46:45AM -0800, Clint Martin wrote:

> And queries to non existant hosts in the zone still result in the query
> being passed to the recursor (although doing the query with the
> no-recurse option does return an authoritative NXDOMAIN)

Hmyes, tricky. This would hurt performance quite a lot as any recursive
question for which no answer is available leads to a potentially very large
number of SQL queries.

I added a feature for this in 2.9.14:
  arg().setSwitch("recursion-check-nxdomain","Set this to double check if
recursive queries really don't exist")="";

Can you try this for me when I releas 2.9.14 later today?

Thanks!