[Pdns-users] PowerDNS 2.9.14 has been released!
ahu at ds9a.nl
Fri Jan 16 22:05:04 UTC 2004
Big release with the fix for the all important 2^30 seconds problem and a
lot of other news.
* errno problems would cause compilation problems when using LDAP
* The Generic SQL backend could cause crashes on PostgreSQL when using
pdns_control notify (Georg Bauer)
* If using the master or slave features, pdns had the notion of eternity
ending in 2038, except that due to a thinko, eternity ended out to be
the 10th of January 2004. This caused a loop to timeout immediately.
Many thanks to Jasper Spaans for spotting the bug within five minutes.
* Parts of the SOA field were not connonicalized
* The loglevel could in fact cause nothing to be logged (Norbert
* The recursor now chooses the fastest nameserver, which causes a big
* LDAP now has different lookup models
* Cleanups, better load distribution, better exception handling,
* The recursor was somewhat chatty about TCP connections
* PostgreSQL now only depends on the C API and not on the deprecated C++
* PowerDNS can now fully overrule external zones when doing recursion.
See Chapter 11.
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
More information about the Pdns-users