[Pdns-users] Need help compiling pdns-2.9.13, perhaps somebody can help..?

Jason Dunbar jason at cold-coffee.co.uk
Fri Jan 16 00:10:36 UTC 2004

Hi there,

This being my first posting to the mailing list.. please  don't flame if
I make a mistake or don't do this right according to unwritten rules or
whatever.

Okay, now that's out of the way, down to the problem.

When attempting to configure pdns-2.9.13 using the following configure
command/options:-

./configure --enable-pdns-server --enable-recursor --with-modules='gmysql'

I get the following error:

checking for MySQL include directory... configure: error: Didn't find
                                  the mysql include dir in
'/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
              /usr/local/include/mysql /opt/mysql/include/mysql
/opt/mysql/include /usr/include/mysql'

So, thinking I know what it is I have done wrong.. I then alter my
configure line to this:-

./configure --enable-pdns-server --enable-recursor --with-modules='gmysql'
--with-mysql=mysql-standard-4.0.17-pc-linux-i686
--with-mysql-lib=mysql-standard-4.0.17-pc-linux-i686
--with-mysql-includes=mysql-standard-4.0.17-pc-linux-i686

But yet I receive the same error, only this time slightly different
(because of the obvious path differences):

checking for MySQL library directory... configure: error: Didn't find
the mysql library dir in 'mysql-standard-4.0.17-pc-linux-i686/lib/mysql
mysql-standard-4.0.17-pc-linux-i686/mysql
mysql-standard-4.0.17-pc-linux-i686'

My MySQL directory is made more easily accessible through using a
symbolic link, mysql -> mysql-x.x.x etc etc, I thought this was the
problem at first, and so this is why I stated the full path.

I hope someone can help me as this is driving me up the wall.

Thanking you in advance.
Regards,

Jason Dunbar