[Pdns-users] fixed binary for the high SQL load since today!

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Sat Jan 10 18:13:59 UTC 2004

PowerDNS people,

Only read the following if you run PowerDNS in master or in slave mode. If
you run Linux, you can follow the instructions below. If you do not, or want
to compile yourself, apply the patch referenced below.

There is now a fixed version available which you can try if you are unable
to recompile with the patch as described in:

  http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2004-January/001039.html

There is a precompiled binary, with some caveats, for linux available on:

                     http://ds9a.nl/tmp/pdns_server.bz2

Caveats:
	1) This was made in a hurry
	2) Because of recent changes in Debian, we had to do compile our own
	   postgresql to get this to work, which makes some changes.

The suggested procedure is:

	1) copy your current /usr/sbin/pdns_server to a safe place
	2) bunzip the pdns_server.bz2 file you just downloaded
	3) move the resultant pdns_server over to /usr/sbin/pdns_server
	4) If you user postgresql user, and you did not previously have a
	   gpgsql-host setting in the configuration, add the following to pdns.conf:
		gpgsql-host=/var/run/postgresql
	5) restart pdns
	6) VERIFY PROPER OPERATIONS

My girlfriend celebrates her birthday starting now, but for a mere 500 euros
I'm available to help you. Email me. Otherwise, visit #powerdns on IRCNET.

Good luck!