[Pdns-users] pdns 2.9.12 and 2.9.15 on debian mips

Roderick Groesbeek powerdns at roderick.triple-it.nl
Wed Feb 25 19:30:52 UTC 2004

From: "Jess Mahan" <jess at digitalssg.net>
To: <pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 8:07 PM
Subject: [Pdns-users] pdns 2.9.12 and 2.9.15 on debian mips

>  PDNS works, for the most part. I am able to dig local records
>  just fine, but if I set the recursor option in the pdns.conf,
>  I get this error:
>
>  Discarding untracked packet from recursor backend with id 19265.
>  Contrack table size=15

Jeff,
R4600 is also a BIG ENDIAN machine..
So you have the same problem as I had.
I have solved the problem with a patch from Remco Post..

Check out:
http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2004-February/001344.html

and the fix at
http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2004-February/001374.html

>  If I run pdns_recursor --local-address=127.0.0.1 --local-port=5353
>  on the same machine, and point the recursor in pdns.conf to that
>  address/port I still get the same error.

The pdns_recursor is not operating correctly yet on my BIG ENDIAN machine.
Probably/maybe the same kind of problem there?
For the moment I'm running PDNS + Bind for 12 hours now.. without any
problems

Vriendelijke Groet,

Roderick
--
Pettemerstraat 12A                                  T r I p l e
1823 CW Alkmaar                                         T