[Pdns-users] NEWBIE - Windows problems

Emiel van Berlo evb at danego.nl
Mon Feb 23 15:13:30 UTC 2004

Hi Al,

Just downloaded 2.9.15 for windows.
It runs o.k. with the sample access database.
But I can't get it to work with the mysql database.

MySql version 4.0.16
MySql ODBC 3.51.06
Windows 2000 servicepack 4

MySql and ODBC connection is o.k.
I use a mail server which connects to the mysql by odbc.

PowerDNS gives no errors when starting.
It says it can connect to the database.
But it tries to connect to the recursor every time I try
to lookup a domainname.

I tried to fill the database by importing the access example database
in the mysql table. (lot of errors when I run powerdns with this)
And I tried importing a .dns file from my windows dns server with zone2sql.

does anybody have a sample mysql dump file i could use ?

Or does anybody recognize these problems ?

-----
Problem 2 : The recursor service terminates after a few minutes.
Until it terminates, I can see it works when looking up a domainname.

Event ID : 7031
The PowerDNS Recursor service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.

This is not such a great issue for me because I am not planning to use the recursor service.
-----

Regards,

Emiel.