[Pdns-users] pdns 2.9.15 and ddns

Geier, Michael D Michael.D.Geier at erac.com
Tue Feb 3 19:53:22 UTC 2004

I am rolling from a BIND product to pdns in about 4 months and need to
find a solution for dynamic dns.  While secure ddns would be nice, we
can successfully lock down the servers to prevent updates from out of
the network.

Clients:
	mostly Windows DHCP

If anyone has a setup they would like to share, I would appreciate it.
Questions it would need to answer are:
	What is used to link/process the ddns request to the database?
	OSS or proprietary?
	Are there database modifications necessary to allow/deny ddns
updates from networks/servers/clients/etc.?

Thanks.  Absolutely love the product thus far!

Michael Geier
Enterprise RAC, Network Operations, DNS Administrator
          email: Michael.D.Geier at erac.com
          phone: 314.512.4452