[Pdns-users] Allowing AXFR's

Marc pdns.list at bhosted.nl
Tue Dec 28 17:46:44 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm having the same problem over and over again, and I can't find the answer
to it. The master DNS server is a PowerDNS 2.9.16 server, the slave also
(I'm not 100% sure, because I don't have control over it).

When I add a domain to the master and the slave, the slave requests an AXFR
for that domain, which is done succesfull and within a few minutes. The
problem is when I request an update of that same domain: the slave always
reports back that the transfer was unsuccesful. Can somebody please explain
how the settings should be? At this moment I've got the following settings:

disable-axfr=no
allow-axfr-ips=y.y.y.y

I thought I had to change disable-axfr to yes, but then the AXFR is refused
from all IP's.

I've changed the IP to a server I am in control of and used dig to try to do
a AXFR, and that works without problems. Does anybody have tips or tricks I
can try?

Thanks!
Marc