[Pdns-users] PowerDNS 2.9.12 released!
valdes at parava.net
Mon Oct 27 15:07:31 UTC 2003
Any idea if we will see a new version for Windows?
Parava Networks, Inc.
From: pdns-users-bounces at mailman.powerdns.com
[mailto:pdns-users-bounces at mailman.powerdns.com] On Behalf Of bert
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 8:48 AM
To: pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
Subject: [Pdns-users] PowerDNS 2.9.12 released!
See http://downloads.powerdns.com and
Release rich in features. Work on Verisign oddities, addition of
backend, pdns_recursor maturity.
* --version command (requested by Mike Benoit)
* delegation-only, a Verisign special. See Section 12.1.1.
* Generic SQLite support, by Michel 'Who da man?' Stol. See Section
* init.d script for pdns_recursor
* Recursor now actually purges its cache, saving memory.
* Slave configuration now no longer falls over when presented with
* Bindbackend2 now has supermaster support (Mark Bergsma, untested)
* Answers are now shuffled! It turns out a few recursors don't do
shuffling (pdns_recursor, djbdns), so we do it now. Requested by
* 0.0.0.0/0 didn't use to work (Norbert Sendetzky)
* pdns_recursor would try to resolve IP address which to bind to,
potentially causing chicken/egg problem
* gpgsql no longer reports as gmysql (Sherwin Daganoto)
* SRV would not be parsed right from disk (Christof Meerwald)
* An AXFR from a zone hosted on the LDAP backend no longer
the reverse entries too (Norbert Sendetzky)
* PostgreSQL backend now does error checking. It would be a bit too
* PowerDNS now reports the numerical IP addresses it binds to
the, possibly, alphanumeric names the operator passed.
* Removed only-soa hackery (noticed by Norbert Sendetzky)
* Debian packaging fixes (Wichert Akkerman)
* Some parameter descriptions were improved.
* Cleanups by Norbert: getAuth moved to chopOff,
massive cleanup, more.
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control
Pdns-users mailing list
Pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
More information about the Pdns-users