[Pdns-users] PowerDNS 2.9.12 released!
ahu at ds9a.nl
Mon Oct 27 14:47:30 UTC 2003
See http://downloads.powerdns.com and http://www.powerdns.com/downloads/
Release rich in features. Work on Verisign oddities, addition of SQLite
backend, pdns_recursor maturity.
* --version command (requested by Mike Benoit)
* delegation-only, a Verisign special. See Section 12.1.1.
* Generic SQLite support, by Michel 'Who da man?' Stol. See Section A.7.
* init.d script for pdns_recursor
* Recursor now actually purges its cache, saving memory.
* Slave configuration now no longer falls over when presented with a
* Bindbackend2 now has supermaster support (Mark Bergsma, untested)
* Answers are now shuffled! It turns out a few recursors don't do
shuffling (pdns_recursor, djbdns), so we do it now. Requested by Jorn
* 0.0.0.0/0 didn't use to work (Norbert Sendetzky)
* pdns_recursor would try to resolve IP address which to bind to,
potentially causing chicken/egg problem
* gpgsql no longer reports as gmysql (Sherwin Daganoto)
* SRV would not be parsed right from disk (Christof Meerwald)
* An AXFR from a zone hosted on the LDAP backend no longer transmits all
the reverse entries too (Norbert Sendetzky)
* PostgreSQL backend now does error checking. It would be a bit too
* PowerDNS now reports the numerical IP addresses it binds to instead of
the, possibly, alphanumeric names the operator passed.
* Removed only-soa hackery (noticed by Norbert Sendetzky)
* Debian packaging fixes (Wichert Akkerman)
* Some parameter descriptions were improved.
* Cleanups by Norbert: getAuth moved to chopOff, arguments::contains
massive cleanup, more.
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
More information about the Pdns-users