[Pdns-users] nameservers do not resolve!

Søren Boll Overgaard pdns at fork.dk
Mon May 26 14:47:03 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 21:19, Søren Boll Overgaard wrote:

> May 21 18:28:57 bombadil pdns[22400]: 1 domain for which we are master
> needs notifications
> May 21 18:28:57 bombadil pdns[22400]: Unable to queue notification of
> domain 'boll-overgaard.com': nameservers do not resolve!

I've done a bit more research on this, and seem to have located the
source of the error.
When pdns is chrooted to e.g. /var/run/pdns or some such, it is unable
to resolve hostnames, and thus unable to notify slave nameservers when
domains are updated. I've tcpdump'ed on my network while receiving the
error reported above, and no requests are made on port 53 (tcp or udp)
from powerdns. Since pdns_server is statically linked, I assume this is
unrelated to missing or unavailable libraries in the chroot.

If someone could offer up a suggestion on how to fix this, it would be
greatly appreciated.

--
Søren O.                                            ,''`.
                                                   : :' :