[Pdns-users] 2.9.4 -> 2.9.8 breakage

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Thu May 22 12:59:53 UTC 2003

Thus spake bert hubert (ahu at ds9a.nl) [22/05/03 04:23]:
> > Late last night, I thought I'd try updating from 2.9.4 to 2.9.8 (I'm using
> > FreeBSD, so the upgrade process is fairly simple).  This turned out to be a
> > *very bad idea*, as I had some pretty serious breakage.  Luckily, I just
> > have my one domain in there, so it was far from catastrophic.  :)
>
> You probably connect to an older version of the gmysql backend, causing
> parameters to be used out of whack - password instead of username.
>
> Remove all libgmysqlbackend.so's you can find lying around.
>
> Then we'll move onto the second problem.

I've an update to most of this that I'll send out in a moment.  I moved to
the gpgsql backend last night, as I'm much more comfortable with PostgreSQL
anyhow -- I only chose MySQL before because of the frontends.  I'm in the
midst of writing a perl script as my own frontend, so this is no longer a
big concern.  With both the PostgreSQL and the MySQL backends in place,
gpgsql behaves as expected, and MySQL is still behaving rather erratically.

Could a mysql version mismatch between the pdns server and the SQL server
cause this?

I may be having some problems, but I don't see any *gmysql* files on my
drive...  I think it's because the FreeBSD doesn't set any dynamic modules.
>From the Makefile:

    CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-modules="${CONFIGURE_MODULES} pipe" \
                            --with-dynmodules=""
    #                       --enable-debug