[Pdns-users] Implementation of A6 records?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Thu May 22 00:13:01 UTC 2003

Laan J. van der wrote:

> The documentation of pnds does not list the A6 recordtype
> under the list of supported record types. Since the only block in
migrating
> from bind to powerdns is the lack of support for A6 records, I am
> wondering if anybody thought of implementing it in pdns and if so what
> the reason is why it is not implemented (I'm not asking this in a
> manager-like-tone-of-voice but more in the sense of
whats-bad-about-A6-in-pdns ;) ).

A6 is moved into 'experimental'
Only AAAA's are used for day to day operations.

I wonder for what purpose you require A6 records as I don't
know of any software that actually queries them as everything
is AAAA :)

And for DNAME, the same thing it's all simple PTR's in ip6.arpa.

Greets,
 Jeroen