pdns startup script? (Was: Re: Fw: [Pdns-users] Recursor backend.. THE FIX :))

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Tue Mar 11 23:26:13 UTC 2003

Ian R. Justman wrote:

> A/S ScanNet - Dan Faerch wrote:
>
>> Hi all...
>>
>> Ealier this week i wrote about my PDNS recursor mysteriously chrashing..
>>
>> I made a debug-trace for Bert, who wrote me back within 10 minnutes
>> with a
>> bugfix.. Now THATS impressive :).
>> My recursor has been running without any probs at all since yesterday..
>

> Ya know, that'll likely fix the issues I've been observing (and chances
> are, the issues you saw were the same as what I was seeing).

Thus far, it seems to have done precisely that.

Curious, should I be apeaking to the Debian package maintainer for
PowerDNS for an updated startup script which also fires up
pdns_recursor?  Right now, I'm using a cronned Perl script I wrote to
make sure pdns_recursor was running, then start it if it ended up being
dead.

--Ian.