[Pdns-users] problems with bind9 transferring zones from powerdns

Aaron Sethman androsyn at ratbox.org
Sun Mar 23 17:15:07 UTC 2003

I get the following message from a bind9 server that is attempting to do
an AXFR transfer of a very large zone(40000 records)

Mar 23 10:26:38 inertia named[18558]: transfer of 'dnsq.org/IN' from
207.188.202.227#53: failed while receiving responses: unexpected message
id

It seems that this has been an issue with other name servers as well.  See
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/514/2001/12/0/7421112/

I would fix the problem myself in powerdns, but I'm not familiar enough
with the code.

Also it should be noted that I'm running version 2.9.7 of powerdns on
Debian GNU/Linux on sparc64.

Regards,

Aaron